|PRAYAS was registered on the 11th of November 1997 under the
Trust Registration Act 1950 and the Society Act 1860. PRAYAS
has permanent FCRA number, 80-G certificate and 12-a
registration. Prayas is facilitating capacity building activities,
natural resource management projects, Micro finance program
and livelihood activities.
1. To establish a sound and professional micro finance
programme to provide access to financial services primarily to low
income clients who presently lack it.
2. To organize underserved, deprived, and destitute people -
especially women - and unite them.
3. Disaster preparedness is incorporated in all programs and
activities as PRAYAS is working in disaster prone areas.
4. Microfinance – credit, savings (encouraging savings within
community structure) and insurance.
5. Awareness of basic rights.